Special Thanks to all the listeners
So, after getting the show out, I did not even look in the general direction of JS to Elm for the rest of the week, which is pretty unusual. For the most part, I chip away at it over the course of the week, read, shore up the notes, record, let that simmer for a day or so, edit it, and often have a spare day before it’s release. Not this week. Nope. For a couple reasons:
- I did not want to admit that the start to my super duper awesome project, had suffered a major set back before ever getting off the ground.
- I would have to face the glaring fact, that I have not retained, learned, absorbed, or internalized nearly as much as I thought about Elm, Types, and functional programming in general.
- With points 1 and 2, where do I go from here?
Rediscovered Empathy for beginners
Retooling my own learning
Onward and upward as the saying goes.
- Let’s pick a project that we are familiar with, NO NOT todo MVC
Mash together bits of Meowdium and Notes app
- AWS backend Lamda Functions
- Serverless deploy
- Coginto for Auth
- S3 for image attachments
- 100% PWA
Then, once it’s done, the real fun begins…